Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 4 - and the bili level is...


6.28.10
...11! Still requires to be under the bili lights, but at least the level is trending down! The nurse says that they could probably remove the lights but the doctors want to make sure that the level is trending down first. He continues to just soak up the rays, looking as cute as he can be in his little hat. Today is the first that I think he looks a little bit like Jones. He had his little lips closed and one nostril made a heart shape just like Jones. It is a nice resemblance. Speaking of big brother Jones, he is 17 months today! Big boy!!!

Jennifer came by to see the little Trooper. She was so cute, as soon as she walked in she said "well, he is a chubby little guy!" That was like music to my ears, coming from a very experienced NICU nurse! The chubbier the better in my book. Grayson is now tolerating 20mL per feeding and his gatorade was turned down to 5.5 from 6...taking small baby steps every day.

Tonight Grayson weighed in at 3 lbs and 13 ounces! I am SO happy about that! I have been told that premies usually lose weight within the first 3-5 days of life, so hopefully here soon he will begin gaining
I am completely and totally exhausted. I haven't taken advantage of taking naps and I think I'll have to start. It is amazing just how emotionally taxing this experience has been.


No comments:

Post a Comment