Sunday, July 17, 2011

7.17.2011

The past week has flown by. Everyday gets us closer to our big move! I will be going to Springs tomorrow to do the employee health screening, then headed to daycare to pick up paper work, and stopping by my new job to meet some people and pick up some scrubs. We can wear whatever we want on Monday and Friday, but Tues-Thurs we have to wear the Surgery Center scrubs. That is fine with me...means that I don't have to go out and buy more scrubs!

Jones' vocabulary gets larger and larger each day. I am amazed at how he answers questions with full answers and reasons, like tonight he took his shirt off in the middle of dinner and I asked him why (thinking he was just trying to be like his daddy, who was still in his bathing suit), he said, "I pilled milk on it, mom." He still can't really say the "s" sound. We have been going to the pool a lot more lately and he LOVES it! I am so glad because he has been really scared before but now is counting to 10 and jumping into one of our arms. It is so cute because he will count to 3 with his fingers and then count to 10 as fast as he can and then jump. We started kicking a soccer ball into the pool (btw, this child will end up a soccer player one day the was he kicks) then he would get so excited to get the soccer ball that he wouldn't even count, he would just jump. He is still a little difficult to get to sleep. He wants to sleep in my bed because I have been letting him sleep with me while Jai is gone. So I have to stay in his room until he falls asleep. Tonight, he wanted me in his bed beside him. Then he wanted me on the floor next to his bed. So down I went....and here came Jones. He laid on top of me and laid his head on my chest. Then he took my hand and put it on his face and held it there and would not let me move it til he fell asleep. As much as I wanted him to get in his bed I was loving the "nuggles" from my sweet Jones!

Grayson continues to be a precious little thing. He is the perfect size and snuggle bug. Such a happy happy baby. We are still trying to figure out what gave him hives the other week, between the amoxicillin he was taking or strawberry jello. We gave him a pop-tart yesterday, of course it was strawberry and he had some berry flavored cereal bar, well yesterday and today he has had a rash on his arms and cheeks, some on his back too. Seems to get worse in the heat, may be a heat rash. There is no telling these days. Maybe it is the Septra that he is taking? Too many factors to really know. I did give him some benadryl before he went to bed so we will see if that helps. He is crawling everywhere. Trying to stand on his own, but has a ways to go before that happens. His hair is starting to curl in the back, I LOVE IT! But if it gets much longer people will seriously think he is a boy! He seems to like the pool too but wants to drink the water, just like in a bath. Grayson took a nap with me today, it was wonderful! That child does love to snuggle with his momma. When I was home with him for all those months, we took several naps a day and I LOVED it! When he was an ity bity thing that was all we did! I would have to set 3 alarms so I would actually wake up and do something for the day! Wow how things have changed!

So two more weeks left at Richland and here living in Lexington. Still can't believe it! And college football is right around the corner! Can't wait for that!!!!!!

 Can't imagine if I had to carry him around in that carseat!

 Gaygee supporting the USC Baseball team! Go Cocks!

 After a long afternoon swimming.

Just had to capture how sound asleep he was in my bed.

Mommie and her sweet boys!

Jones being silly, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment