Monday, July 11, 2011

Lay Me Down To Sleep

Just a quick entry while Jones sleeps beside me in my bed (another bad habit while Daddy is working in Lancaster!).

One night a few weeks ago I was putting Jones to sleep and he said, "mommie, lay me" and I tried and tried to figure out what he was saying. Then it came to me. He wanted me to say his prayers! I thought it was the absolute cutest thing ever! He takes his paci out, folds his little hands together and while I say the prayer, he says it with me for the parts that he remembers. He mostly only knows the end of the last few sentences. Tonight when I put him to bed, he was ready for his prayers and he actually said the last sentence. SOO Cute!!!!! I guess he has heard me say it to him every night for the past 2 1/2 years so he is ready to start saying it with me. This is the prayer that we say every night:

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
Keep me safely through the night
And wake me with the morning light.
May God bless you and keep you safe.
Amen.

Poor little Grayson fell tonight and bumped his little head. He pushed over a chair that had some bags hanging on it and when he did that, Jones thought it was funny and wanted to push one over also....except he pushed over the chair that Grayson was using to hold himself up with....yeah you can guess how that turned out. Grayson had a red cheek and a big bruise over his right temple. He cried and cried and Jones cried and cried. I think Jones felt bad for hurting him. He gave Grayson a big hug and kiss. I felt bad for my little fella though.

I guess I should probably put Jones in his bed. As much as I love to "nuggle" with him, as we call it, having him in my bed is like sleeping with a Mexican jumping bean (my mom coined that one and nailed it). Maybe I'll let him sleep here for a few hours..........

Nite nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment