Monday, August 9, 2010

Craziness...



8.8.10

The last few days have been interesting, either a lot of fun or no fun at all. Friday night Jai kept Grayson and Jones (after Jones went to sleep) and I was able to go see my work girls! It was Barbie’s “moving up” dinner and was a lot of fun. It was also fun to get dressed up for once! I finally know why moms end up on shows like “What Not to Wear” because when you are home all the time and you don’t go anywhere except to the doctor or grocery store, all you wear is sweats and t-shirts! So it was a lot of fun to put on a casual dress and some fun gold jewelry instead of yoga pants. Although those yoga pants are extremely comfortable, I am determined not to be one of “those moms” on any TV show! Most importantly, I got to see the girls that I truly love and miss. Although I am enjoying my time at home with my boys, I do miss work…or shall I say my friends at work!

I had a great time Friday night and was home by 11:30, just in time for Grayson’s bottle. Once again, the little booger wanted to sleep with his momma and so we snuggled all night until about 7am Saturday morning…that is when the “no fun at all” comes in. I woke up and just knew that I didn’t feel good, and sure enough within a few minutes, I knew I had a stomach bug (either that or food poison). So, back to bed I went and Jai had both Grayson and Jones to take care of. Grayson was himself and slept most of the day. We kept him upstairs in our room to sleep so that Jai could look after Jones, although the hard part came when Grayson needed to eat. I think that is when Jones got the most jealous and acted like a toddler going through the terrible twos. I’ve never seen or heard Jones so fussy in one day, so I really think he was jealous of all the time that Daddy spent with Grayson. Poor little guy, I felt bad for him but it was just one of those days. Let’s just say that by 9pm, Jai was ready for bed and in need of a full night of sleep…we all were.

Today has been a great day. I am back into my mommie mode, cleaning, feeding, pumping, more cleaning, etc. Jai and I have both made it a point to do something special with Jones today. Jai took him to Publix where they sampled blueberry muffin flavored pudding, and bought it. I took him to K-Mart and Frank’s car wash. Now Jai is making ribs, Grayson is sleeping, and Jones is just being Jones! Tomorrow Grayson has an appointment with Dr. Head at 2:10 for a weight check and questions and boy do I have questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment