Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Due Date

I love the frog tushie!



Say Cheese!



"Hey World, I'm awake"



What a cutie!!!




FINALLY...Made it to 40 weeks gestation. I am finally supposed to be here!


8.23.10
Wow. Today was my due date with Grayson. I can't believe that it is finally here. The weird thing is, all day I have felt as if I need to celebrate something. It is a weird feeling. My cousin Lauren called it Grayson's Fake Birthday, and I guess that is kinda how I feel. I will never forget this day, even though it really is and has been uneventful, it is still special.

Ever since Grayson was born, we have always said, "well, he isn't even supposed to be here yet" when we talk about things he is doing or supposed to be doing and now we can no longer say that! That kind of makes me sad to think about just how much time has already gone by.

Grayson still has his heart/apnea monitor and is still on caffeine. I know that Dr. Yajnik has reviewed the first download of information (I know this because the EOB came in the mail), so hopefully Dr. Head will be able to share the interpretation with me on Wednesday. I just paid for an entire months worth of cafcit for Grayson but I'm not sure how much longer he will be on it. He has not had an apnea episode since last weekend (like over a week ago) and he only had one bradycardia episode lately, but that was while he was eating so he may have just refluxed or something (it scared the $*#*% out of me though!!).

Grayson still sleeps for most of the day. He did stay awake for a while tonight. Around 8-9pm he wants to be up looking around. He doesn't want to lay in the bassinet or in the bouncey seat, he wants to be held facing outward so he can look around. He did enjoy laying on the floor tonight for some tummy time though. He is just the sweetest, cuddliest thing ever! He is still very small, probably only about 7 1/2 pounds, but to me, he has grown SO much.

Jones really has been great with Grayson. There have been a few times that Jones has gone to time-out for throwing things at Grayson, but I know that Jones is just jealous. Jai and I have been very good at making special time just for Jones, to do things just with him. I know that Jones' world is completely different now that we have Grayson, but sometimes when Grayson is napping in his bassinet, I think that Jones completely forgets that he even exists! Jones LOVES to rub Grayson's head and he is very gentle with it. He also likes to point at Grayson's ears, eyes, and nose! Jones is very gentle, but we don't let him touch Grayson's face at all. They are such sweet boys, we are truly blessed.

I will get some pictures up tomorrow because it is definitely time to go to bed. I did manage to get some up on my Facebook page tonight though.

No comments:

Post a Comment