Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Grayson's appointment

8.11.10
Time goes by so fast these days! I took Grayson to see Dr. Head Monday (8.9.10) for a weight check and, drum roll please...Grayson is 6 pounds and 12.4 ounces! I was a little disappointed that he wasn't 7 pounds, but Dr. Head said that he should be gaining about 1/2 -1 ounce per day right now. He was weighed 14 days ago and gained 11 ounces, so he is right where he should be with weight gain! Yay big boy!!! He really feels bigger and I can definitely tell by looking at him that he is filling out.

Grayson does have a heart murmur. It is weird because no one had mentioned that in the hospital and it wasn't until he came home that I heard it (I have to check an apical pulse everyday for his caffeine). I am normally the worst at hearing murmurs so I was quite impressed that I heard it. I asked Dr. Head about it and she said that it is something that he should grow out of by about 6 months of age, if not Grayson will have an ECHO and see a pediatric cardiologist (hey, maybe we can just see Luther at the beach?). I'm not going to worry myself over it, I am just hoping that he does grow out of it.

Dr. Head said that Grayson will have a hemoglobin and hematocrit check at his 2 month appointment, as well as another weight check. Hopefully by then she will have received the report from SleepRX so we can determine what the heart/apnea monitor is picking up. He hasn't had any apnea alarms in 3 days, so that is great.

Tonight I moved Grayson up to 3 ounces per bottle. He does nurse too, maybe about 1-2 times per day and I nurse him once at night. I would like to nurse him all the time but his medication schedule doesn't allow that. It is also so much easier to give him a bottle when Jones is around because it is so quick. Anyway, that's neither here nor there because he is at least getting breastmilk and that is what is important.

So, Jones has his 18 month appointment Monday morning. It will be my first outing with both boys! I am a little nervous and I'm not quite sure how I will manage! Especially since I'm sure Jones will get shots and he will need lots of tlc and a sursie afterwards for being a good sport (kinda like when my mom use to get us yummy peanut butter cookies after the dentist!). We will see how it goes...wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!!!

    Glad Grayson is gaining weight like he should! Good boy!

    My nephew, my niece and my mom all had heart murmurs. They all grew out of them. I'll say some prayers that Grayson's is gone in just a few months. :)

    ReplyDelete