Thursday, July 29, 2010

5 weeks old!

7.29.10
It is so hard to believe that Grayson was born 5 weeks ago today. When you look at him, he still looks just like a newborn and I treat him like a newborn (I wonder when, if ever, that will wear off?). Our days have been fairly  calm. It begins with a feeding, followed by a long morning snuggle together until the next feeding, then Grayson naps while I do house work, then Jai and Jones are home. The days fly by!

Jones now has the cold that has been going around. I feel so bad for the little fella. He has been wonderful with Grayson. He always tries to help with diaper changes and he is always saying "baby" when he hears Grayson cry, or even make the slightest noise. We just have to be extremely careful that Jones' hands are empty when he is near Grayson because Jones loves to throw things! Tonight while Jones was with Mya (my mom, for those that don't know) upstairs, he threw his little plastic dinosaur over the knee wall upstairs. Luckily Grayson was safe in my arms and let's just say that Jones has gotten very familiar with time-out these days!

I have remained scared to death of germs. Especially now that Jones has a cold. I am still limiting visitors and people that can love on him. I know that he can not live in a bubble forever, but I sure can try my best for right now.

The heart monitor has not gone off in 2 days, well except for annoying alarms when the leads come lose, and let me tell you, that happens often. Especially at 5am when I am walking up the stairs and I step on the wire and the lead comes off and then the alarm (that sounds like a smoke alarm, mind you!) wakes up everyone that is sleeping in the house, including Jones....this just happened last night. But I am thrilled that we haven't had any baby alarms in a few days.

I'll see if I can get some pictures posted pretty soon...it truly is amazing how little time I have these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment