Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 7 - Our little Gamecock!





(I thought I took better pictures of his Gamecock hat but I can't find them. Oh well).

7.1.10

After winning the College World Series, I couldn’t help but get Grayson a Gamecock hat and Gamecock booties. The booties are SO big! I didn’t think that his feet would be soooo small, but they are!

I rocked Grayson for a while this morning. The nurse wrapped him up and handed him to me. We cuddled, then we both fell asleep in the rocker. He slept so well in my arms and really appeared to be so content.

The nurse also took out his PICC line today! I was thrilled about that. So now we are just down to the feeding tube and of course EKG leads, which I’m sure both will be there for a while. Grayson is up to 36mL of milk every 3 hours…which is the GOAL! I am so excited.

The most exciting news of the day is…he is 4 pounds and 2 ounces! He gained 2 ounces today! Must be that good butterfat that he is getting! The nurse told me tonight that they will begin weaning him to a big boy crib tomorrow…which means he gets to wear big boy clothes and not just a diaper! So Judy and Alison and I are going to have a lot of fun shopping tomorrow!

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers and please keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment