Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 12 - Every Little Bit Counts!






7.6.10
Today I spent all day with Grayson. Jai dropped me off on his way to work and picked me up on the way home. It was amazing how fast time went. The doctors and nurses are still trying to figure out what is causing the bradycardia, so today I held him every time that he was fed...and there were NO episodes! Well, there was one tiny, quick one where his heart rate dropped to 97, but the nurse said that 97 is ok, 47 on the other hand isn't, so we didn't count that one. And she had just started his feeding, so that may have caused it. The nurses at night are sitting him in a bouncey seat so he can sit up higher and eat. I guess if we don't see anymore heart rate drops then we can say that it is reflux...? Not sure. The nurse tonight said that she had not seen any heart rate drops and there were none after I left today! YAY!

Tomorrow morning he will have a bilirubin level drawn. He didn't seem as jaundiced to me today, so hopefully it will be lower than 10.2, which is what it was on the 5th.

The nurses also increased his feeds to 40mL every 3 hours today and he tolerated it well!

His little cheeks appear to be chunkier to me today. He has gained a total of 9 ounces since birth. I am thrilled with that! The nurse tonight was funny on the phone, she told me that Grayson had gained some weight, but only in grams, not ounces. So I asked her how many grams so that I can keep track of it and she said 4! Sweet little guy gained 4 grams! Oh well, at least we aren't going backwards...Every little bit counts!


2 comments:

  1. Yay, 4 grams is moving in the right direction.
    I love the picture of him with his hand over his mouth and the hat over his eyes - too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yeah - Every bit counts!! That's great. I'm glad he is doing so well. Prayers are still coming your way! :)

    ReplyDelete