Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 10 - Grow Baby Grayson, Grow!




7.4.10

Tonight Grayson weighed in at 4 pounds and 4.7 ounces! I was thrilled when I heard that! The nurse said that she didn’t think that it was right, and so she weighed him 3 times to make sure. She said that it was the same scale as the night before and he was totally naked, even without electrodes! I pray that it was right!

Grayson is still tolerating his feeds at 38mL every 3 hours with no problems. I bet they will increase them to 40mL now that he has gained some more weight, we'll see. He is also pooping and peeing like he should! Oh the things that make a mommie happy!

His bilirubin this morning was 10.6, up from 9.3 on the 30th, and 10 on the 2nd. I'm not real sure what the plan is regarding this. The nurse says that the doctors have a chart that tells them what they should do based on their age and bili level...I guess the chart says "wait and see" for Grayson...dunno.

Grayson is still maintaining his temperatures in a big boy crib. He looks sooo funny in the crib because he is so small. The nurses do a great job of keeping him wrapped up and snuggled in.

Jai and I visited him today and I held him for a while. I also held his tube feeds as they went in by gravity. Then Jai and I changed his little poopie diaper. I am so afraid I'll hurt him when I change him because he is just so small and fragile, but I guess that is just something to get use to.

I can't wait to see him tomorrow! Happy 4th of July!



No comments:

Post a Comment