Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 26 - Thank goodness for insurance!


(Grayson looks SO much like Jones in the close up picture here!)

7.20.10
The nurses and case manager are getting everything ready for our discharge on Saturday. Dr. Coates has said if everything continues to go smoothly until then, we can plan on Sat discharge, but if something comes up we'll have to push it til next week. I told him that we are in NO hurry and Grayson needs as much time as he can get to get stronger.

Since Grayson is going home on the caffeine, the Case manager came into see me to verify my insurance plan. I guess she thought I didn't have insurance or something because she told me that the medication cafcit costs $700/month without insurance and she was trying to find ways to help us out...well, she took all of my insurance information and verified it and thankfully, the medication is covered. I can not believe that if we didn't have insurance it would cost that much...what in the world do people do that don't have insurance? Crazy. Thank goodness for insurance coverage!

Grayson nursed well today. He nursed for 10 minutes this morning, then took a 20cc bottle, then he nursed for 17 minutes at lunch and refused a bottle, and then nursed for 11 minutes and took part of a bottle, really only because it had the caffeine in it and he needed to take it. So that is encouraging. Right now my plan is to go see him tomorrow, feed him at 9, 12, 3, and then come home to see Jones, put him to bed, and then head back to the hosp so that I can nurse Grayson tomorrow night. We'll see how that plan turns out...

Grayson weighs 5 pounds and 11.4 ounces tonight! He really will be 6 pounds before he comes home, unreal!!! That is SOOO Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment