Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 22 - Did we snuggle or did we snuggle???


7.16.10
Not too much has changed today except Grayson's location...he was I guess "down graded" to stepdown, NICU 2, on the 3rd floor at Baptist. This is the old pediatrics floor and so it is very colorful, but definitely not a recently built, new sterile appearing room. It is clean, but still the old Baptist, just with new head boards for the babies and new furniture. At least they are still private rooms with a pull out bed, so that I am able to snuggle with Grayson. Oh and did we snuggle..after I attempted to nurse him and gave him a bottle (which he once again chugged down), I pulled out the bed and filled it with pillows and laid down with him. I laid his head down on my chest and he went right to sleep. We snuggled for over an hour and it was wonderful! Then I laid him down in the crib and he fussed and fussed! He wanted to get back with his momma! Then I swaddled him well and gave him the paci and he went right back to sleep. He is just the softest, sweetest thing in the entire world!

I am so ready for him to come home...well, I still dont have a crib or his room ready, but I want him home! I am going to ask the nurse tomorrow if we can move up to two bottles a day because I really think that Grayson is ready for that...and that is one step closer to coming home!

Tonight Grayson weighed in at 5 pounds and 6 ounces! I noticed today that the nurses dressed him in newborn clothes instead of preemie! Big boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment