Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 14 - Hello Mello Yello






Ahhh yes, the words I love to hear, "it is ok to drink caffeine and breast feed." Today the doctors decided to treat Grayson for his apnea/bradycardia with caffeine...I think they call it cafcit. Dr. Edelson was explaining to me about the treatment and said that it was ok for me to drink caffeine and provide Grayson with breastmilk, so down to the cafeteria I went and got a Mello Yello! It was perfect!!!! Enough about me...They will give Grayson cafcit until right before discharge, at which time they will stop it to determine if he is still experiencing the apnea and bradycardia. If he is then he will go home on cafcit and a monitor. This is something that he should out grow and this is perfectly normal for preemies...after all, they aren't supposed to be doing everything on their own at this point.

Tonight the nurse said that Grayson gained one ounce! He is now 4 pounds and 9 ounces (9.2 to be exact!). I can really tell that he has filled out some in his face...mom even noticed it too! He has the best color now too.

The nurses are still feeding him in the bouncy seat. He looks sooo cozy in that seat! The nurses position him just right and stuff blankets all around him to help position him, it is so cute.

I am so exhausted it isn't funny. I can't tell if I am getting a cold or just plain worn out. I think that I am so scared and worried that I will get a cold that I'm going to convince myself that I have one...but let's hope that doesn't happen. So off to bed I go...big day tomorrow, Judy, Alison, and Kennedy are coming in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment