Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 21 - 3 weeks already?

 


     
7.15.10
I find it hard to believe that Grayson is 3 weeks old! Time sure has flown by, going back and forth to the hospital every day. Today I was able to nurse Grayson again. The lactation nurse came and helped this time and it went much better. Grayson is able to latch, but then doesn't do too much else. However, after he nursed, we gave him a bottle and he took 30mLs like a CHAMP! He really sucked it down and did a great job!!! It made me feel SO good to see that! He will be 35 weeks on Monday and they say that between 34 and 35 weeks is when babies learn to suck, swallow, and breathe, so he is right on track. He also did not have any desats or heart rate drops while eating. 

I am always amazed at how small he is, although he has really filled out. He has plump cheeks and a big round tummy. His legs and arms have a little more meat on them too. He will soon grow out of preemie outfits, that is for sure! Tonight Grayson gained even more weight...he is 5 pounds and 4 ounces! 

My mom visited with Grayson today too. I still won't let anyone but Jai and me hold him, but she was ok with that. I'm not sure when I'll be comfortable with people holding him, maybe when he is 2....? No, just kidding, kinda...





No comments:

Post a Comment