Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 9 - Big Boy Bed!





7.3.10
Last night the nurse weaned Grayson to a big boy crib and he was able to maintain his temperatures! I believe they are checking temps every 3 hours with meals and he has done great! Those nurses had him dressed in the cutest clothes, a onesie underneath, booties, and then a sleeper, then swaddled, and covered and snug with 2 blankets! He was just as snug as a bug in a rug...and not much bigger than a bug either!

Grayson gained 13 grams today. The nurse said he weighs 4 pounds and 2.4 ounces. Every little bit counts these days! I'm happy with anything as long as we don't go backwards!

I am concerned tonight because I thought he looked a little bit more jaundiced today than yesterday. I hope and pray that his bilirubin hasn't rebounded. The internet is dangerous...I googled "rebound bilirubin levels in preemies..." well let's just say I'll be making sure those nurses check a bili level tomorrow. He does have labs in the morning, what ever a "profile 2" means at Baptist. I have a feeling this might keep me up tonight. The nurse also thought that he looked a little jaundiced today too.

I spent some one-on-one time with Grayson today. The nurse, Pam, gave me a lot of freedom. She let me get him out of the crib and let me change his diaper. He is SO tiny! WOW. It just amazes me every day. I feel so guilty, like it's my fault that he is out in this world already, even though I do know it is a better environment than my uterus. So many things that we are making him do to survive, he isn't supposed to be able to do yet, yet he can do them. Amazing.

Judy is still here with us. It is so nice to have family around and to have help. She watched Jones tonight so that Jai and I could go out on a date. We had a great time and had some good laughs, but deep down inside I felt awful for being out and having a good time. But it was wonderful to have one-on-one time with my sweet husband.

Please pray that Grayson's bilirubin level will be less than 9.1.

Much love.

2 comments:

  1. Remember you have to take care of yourself too, Cam. You and Jai need to have some time together - you'll be better parents for it. Don't feel guilty for that! You're doing a great job, and all that is needed of you. Stay strong! Love you, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lauren! I do try to remember that but the emotions can be so hard! Thanks for reading the blog.

    Love you,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete