Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 19 - 5 pounds!






7.13.10
Today Dr. Bendeck decided to wait and not try any bottle feeds for now. I guess they think he isnt quite ready and there is no need to rush him...and that is fine with me. I would have like to have tried, but I understand their thinking and there is always tomorrow.

Grayson's eye looks better today but is still draining. Dr. B decided to go ahead and order the eye drops although the culture had not come back yet. This makes momma happy, it just looks infected. Now why in the world he would have an eye infection....?????

Grayson had one large heart rate drop with a sat drop too around 10:30am. He required stimulation and kinda turned a little blue! It was scary and Rhonda and I agreed that this happens every day around the same time. So she asked Dr. B about the dosing of the Cafcit and they ended up increasing it. I hope it doesn't happen again tomorrow. Rhonda and I talked about Grayson going home on a monitor and she feels sure that he will...Jai and I both want him to. I would feel much better and safer if he were attached to a monitor, although I can see myself getting really use to it and not wanting to get rid of it until he is at least a year old, lol!

Today is Aunt Gigi's birthday and what would be a better birthday present for her than to hear that Grayson is 5 pounds and 1 ounce!!!??? I am just so thrilled by this! He will definitely be out of preemie clothes before we know it! He still looks really really small but he has filled out a lot. 5 pounds...WOW!

Happy birthday Aunt Gigi!
Let's see, I think that is it from today. Grayson and I snuggled a lot today and I loved it! He is such a cuddle bug!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment