Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Drs appointments






7.26.10
Today was my post-partum check up. Since Jai is still sick with either heat exhaustion or a stomach virus, Grayson and I went on our first outing together. I was doing fine until we were in the doctor's office waiting room...OMG the germs! I was freaking out and almost had a panic attack at all the coughing! I swear everyone that I sat near had to cough. At first it was this small pregnant girl that looked like she was going to vomit every where. She started coughing and so I moved to where no one was. Then another preggo lady came and sat two chairs down from us and started really coughing. The type of cough that you can't get rid of. I know that she felt bad, but I was seriously about to die. I held the car seat in my lap and pulled the blanket over Grayson's face so he hopefully couldn't get any germs. Ugh, I have never been so happy to get called into the exam room! I had a good visit with Dr. Davis and received the green flag for exercise! Now, if I can only get over this cold!

Then we went to see Dr. Head for Grayson's check up. He weighed in at 6 pounds and 0.8 ounces...gotta give him credit for those 0.8, now!!! Dr. Head thought that he looked great! She said that he does have a heart murmur. I was so exhausted and sick from this cold that it didn't even occur to me to ask her about it! I'm hoping that it is something he will just grow out of. I'm sure if it was bad enough to warrant follow up, she would have ordered it. I'm not the best at hearing murmurs, but even I can hear it when I count his heart beat to give caffeine. Will definitely ask her about this on Aug 9th at our next appointment.

Jai is still sick and thankfully Judy is here with us. I really don't know what we would do without our family....now if we could only move closer to them!!! Judy has been wonderful and has enjoyed snuggles with Grayson!

1 comment:

  1. A lot of people in my family were born with heart murmurs. My mom, my nephew, my niece. They all grew out of it. I'm sure Grayson will too. I'm so glad you are home and everything is going well!! Congrats again. Love the pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete