Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 28 - 2 nights left!







7.22.10
Today marks 4 weeks since Grayson was born. It is so hard to believe that it has been a month but at the same time, it feels like it has been 3! We hopefully only have 2 more nights at Baptist to go!

I decided to stay home last night because I have the beginning of a cold...what a bummer! I was able to get a good nights sleep and Jones even slept all night also! I am going back to the hospital tonight to stay with Grayson. I have just been wearing a mask when I hold or nurse him.

Grayson did very well nursing today. At one point around the 3pm feeding, I thought that he was done eating because he had taken 10mL of milk with the caffeine and then nursed for 17 minutes, so I put him back in the crib. Well, he fussed, and grunted, rooted, and made all kinds of baby noises, I could tell that he wasn't happy, so I decided to nurse him again...well that little booger saw the goods and went right for it! He nursed for probably 5 minutes then was out, sound asleep! He has really done well with nursing and I am so happy about that! I told the nurse how much he ate and she called him "piglet" that he is!

Tomorrow will be a busy day. We have CPR, monitor training, the car seat test and a few other things. Ginger is coming in town and we can't wait to see her!

Off to the hospital...for real this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment