Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 20 - Trying to latch



7.14.10
Dr. Ellis was the doctor on today and to my surprise, she said it was ok for me to try and nurse Grayson! I won't get into too much detail, but let's just say it went much better than I was expecting!!! After he nursed for a little while, he took 20mL from the bottle! He did get choked up towards the end, dropped his sats and started to get a little dusky...so we quit and he recovered. I didn't like that at all though! They were using a bottle that helps preemies get more milk, so maybe that one isn't the best for him...just a thought!

Grayson does have an eye infection and has been on eye drops for a few days now. The nurse said that many of the babies get them, but it still bothers me that he has it. I just want to get outta that NICU before any other infections come along!!! 


I did put a bug in the doctor's ear that we would like Grayson to go home on an apnea monitor...I really hope that he does. I know that Jai and I will both be SO scared without one! The nurse thinks that the increase in caffeine did help Grayson...he has not had as many bradycardia episodes that have required stimulation and I don't think that he had one today around 11am either...which is great. He has continued to have some episodes where he will drop his sats but he quickly fixes it on his own, so they are not overly concerned with those episodes (like his momma!).


Tonight, Grayson weighed in at 5 pounds and 2.6 ounces!!! Holy Cow!!! He
might be 6 pounds before he comes home!!


He is just precious. I have gotten sooo much more comfortable holding him
and loving on him. He is just a cuddle bug. He loves to lay on my chest! I love to rub his 
little head...it feels just as soft as a little kitten! Too cute!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment