Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 25 - Making discharge plans!



7.19.10
Today was an exciting day. Jennifer came down to spend the day with us and we had a ball as usual!

It sounds like the plan is for Grayson to be discharged on Saturday. I found out that Grayson is definitely being sent home on a monitor (thank GOODNESS!), so we have to do monitor training and then "room in" afterwards, basically spend the night and respond to the alarms as if we are home, then we go home the next day. So we will have CPR on Friday, then monitor training, spend the night and be home Saturday!

But there are somethings to do before he can come home. He has to be taking the breast or bottle at every feeding...right not we are at every other feeding (bascially every 6 hours), but tomorrow I will be able to nurse him while I am there, so he will nurse at 9, 12, and 3. Today he nursed for 30 minutes total!!! He did 15 minutes on each side, which is more than excellent! The nurse also said that at the 6pm feed, he took 48mL in 20 minutes, which the nurses call "good." We found out that Grayson will be sent home taking iron and caffeine, which is fine with me! And I think that is just about everything that needs to be figured out.

I am very relieved that Ginger had already planned to be here this weekend to help with my teething toddler, so we won't have to worry about that. Jai and I put together Grayson's crib tonight (pics to come later). I moved my bedside table and put his crib right beside me! I love the crib and bedding.

Tonight Grayson weighed in at 5 pounds and 10 ounces! He really has gotten so big, it is unreal. Dr. Yajnick thinks that he has the most beautiful head and doesn't look like a preemie at all, which thrills me. She thought that he looks great and she also thinks that Saturday seems like a good day for discharge!

Wow, it is so hard to believe that he may be coming home soon. I am scared, nervous, and excited all at the same time. It will be weird having a newborn again, but we are ready for it (although my house isn't!).

2 comments:

  1. SOO exciting!!!! That is great news!! I'm sure you can't wait to have baby Grayson at home where he belongs! Keep up with the posts. I LOVE reading them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to Grayson coming home! I can't wait to celebrate his homecoming - glad I'll be there too and will take very good care of that sweet, teething toddler. And help you get your house ready :)

    ReplyDelete